Alcoholics Anonymous – Guided Meditation (Step 11, Sought through prayer and meditation…)
Alcoholics Anonymous – Guided Meditation
(Step 11, Sought through prayer and meditation…)
Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God’s will for us and the power to carry that out
Step 11 suggests prayer and meditation. We shouldn’t be shy in this matter of prayer. Better men than we are using it constantly. It works, if we have the proper attitude and work at it.
-A.A. Big Book p.85-86
The following summarizes the description of the 11th Step provided in Alcoholics Anonymous (primarily on pp. 86-88). This is supplemented by some suggestions [in brackets] that we have found helpful.
Preparing for the Day Ahead
1. We ask God to direct our thinking, asking especially that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives.
2. We consider our plans for the day. We can now use our mental faculties with assurance.
3. If we face indecision or we can’t determine what course to take, we ask God for inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision. We relax and take it easy.
4. We pray to be shown all through the day what our next step is to be, that we be given whatever we need to take care of problems.
5. We ask especially for freedom from self-will.
[We might also pray for help with specific defects or problem areas, and review our 10th step corrective measures for the day ahead.]
Prayers to be of Use
6. We ask for guidance in the way of patience, kindness, tolerance and love especially within the family.
7. We pray as to what we can do today for the person who is still sick.
[We might also pray for specific people in need, or those with whom we’re angry.]
8. If appropriate, we attend to our religious devotions, or say set prayers which emphasize 12 Step principles.
9. We may read from a spiritual book.
Practicing the 11th Step Throughout the Day
10. We pause, when agitated or doubtful, and ask for the right thought or action.
11. We constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show, humbly saying to ourselves many times each day “Thy will be done.”
Guided Meditation Sleep – Exploring Your Universe
guided meditation sleep,
guided meditation anxiety,
guided meditation relaxation,
sleep meditation guided,
guided sleep meditation,
healing meditation guided,
morning meditation guided,
guided meditation love,
meditation for beginners,
relaxation meditation guided,
guided by voices,
guided relaxing meditation,
meditation music relax,
guided meditation hypnosis,
meditation guided relaxation,
guided chakra meditation,
guided meditation healing,
guided meditation,meditation,meditation guided,guided meditation sleep,meditation music,guided meditation anxiety,hypnosis,guided chakra meditation,guided meditation healing,guided meditation sleep relaxation,guided meditation sleep hypnosis,sleep easy guided meditation,guided meditation for sleep,sleep music relaxation,homework sleep meditation,sleep meditation depression,relaxing guided meditation