If you’ve ever heard, read, or watched a movie about Positive Thinking and the Law of Attraction, then do we have a special show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Mitch Horowitz, PEN Award Winning Historian, and the author of Occult America, and the vice-president, executive editor, and director of backlist and reissues at Tarcher Perigree. He is also the author of a fascinating new book on positive thinking One Simple Idea: How the Lessons of Positive Thinking Can Transform Your Life .
Today we’ll talk about what Positive Thinking, New Thought, and the Law of Attraction really is, where it came from, how it came about, what’s real about it, and what isn’t, and how we can all use it to transform our lives.
WORK 1-ON-1 W/ MICHAEL SANDLER!
BOOK A FREE SESSION: http://www.inspirenationshow.com/coaching
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST!
—Google Play Music: https://tinyurl.com/InspireGooglePlay
—iHeart Radio: http://www.iheart.com/show/263-inspire-nation-daily/
DONATE: (Let’s Support Each Other!)
MORE ON MITCH HOROWITZ:http://www.mitchhorowitz.com
Mitch Horowitz is a writer and publisher with a lifelong interest in man’s search for meaning. The PEN Award-winning author of Occult America and One Simple Idea, Mitch has written on everything from the war on witches to the secret life of Ronald Reagan for The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Salon, and Time. The Washington Post says Mitch “treats esoteric ideas and movements with an even-handed intellectual studiousness that is too often lost in today’s raised-voice discussions.” He is also the voice of popular audio books including Alcoholics Anonymous and The Jefferson Bible, and host of the web series ORIGINS: SUPERSTITIONS. Mitch is vice president and executive editor at Tarcher Perigee, a division of Penguin Random House. Visit him at www.MitchHorowitz.com.
• How Elvis read books by Earnest Holmes, Madame HP Lebatsky, Manley P. Hall
• Gave him a copy got a copy of the Impersonal Life from Joseph Benner
• Why you want to read Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich
• Bill Wilson and Bob Smith, co-founders of Alcoholics Anonymous and Ebby Thatcher
• How do you help someone to find their one thing and light the fire underneath them
• How to get the subconscious working for at night or at any time through the day.
• Why we don’t want to blame ourselves for negative events…and why we don’t want to interpret Rhonda Byrne’s The Secret in this way.
• What you want to do if someone (or you) is sick.
• What is a D-Day approach to healing (including, but not limited to the spiritual and meditative side of things)
• What do we need to know about Wallace D. Wattles author of The Science of Getting Rich
• What can we learn about Ralph Waldo Emerson and the New Thought movement
• What is the definition of New Thought (Positivity and New Age and metaphysics movement)
• Where did the Law of Attraction come from and when did it first come about?
• What Andrew Jackson Davis has to do with the Law of Attraction
• Who were the first new thought writers to talk about ‘what you think about you bring about
• Prentice Mulford and his book Your Forces and How to See Them. (also used by Christian D. Larsen)
• What is Hermeticism? (From Alexandria and Egypt in the time after Christ)
• • Why ESP research has been hijacked, when there’s good literature and proper science behind it.
• JB Rine who had an ESP lab at Duke for several decades and did several hundred thousand trials
• Why New Thought was originally focused around healing and then why it shifted in this country
• What can we learn from Earnest Holmes?
• Why Neville Goddard is Mitch’s personal favorite.
• What can we learn from Norman Vincent Peale?
• What can we learn from Earl Nightingale and The Strangest Secret
• Where the Dr. Demartini statement ‘What we think about and thank about we bring about’ (Law of Attraction!)
• How important is the meaning behind each word we chose to use.
• Is there a best way to think and to pray?
• What’s it mean in New Thought or positivity to ‘think from the end’
• Resurrection by Neville Goddard
• William James Essay “Is Life Worth Living”
• Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich
• The Power of Your Super Mind by Vernon Howard
• One Simple Idea is now out on paperback – Occult America also available wherever books sold
• Guided Positive Thinking Law of Attraction Meditation