Alcoholics Anonymous – The Original Six Steps of AA, in Bill Wilson’s own hand-writing.
Step 1: Admitted hopeless
Step 2: Got honest with self
Step 3: Got honest with another
Step 4: Made amends
Step 5: Helped others without demand
Step 6: Prayed to God as you understand him
Original Six Steps
From ‘Pass It On’: The Story of Bill Wilson and How the A. A. Message Reached the World
1. We admitted that we were licked, that we were powerless over alcohol.
2. We made a moral inventory of our defects or sins.
3. We confessed or shared our shortcomings with another person in confidence.
4. We made restitution to all those we had harmed by our drinking.
5. We tried to help other alcoholics, with no thought of reward in money or prestige.
6. We prayed to whatever God we thought there was for power to practice these precepts.